photo by Dine Dish
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 pinch rosemary
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs, approximately
- white pepper
- In a frying pan heat olive oil.
- Put in a pinch of rosemary and saute until the scent gets very pungent.
- Add broccoli and a couple of dashes of white pepper (2-4).
- Saute until the broccoli gets very green but looks crunchy/cooked.
- Lastly, toss in bread crumbs a bit at a time while still sauteing.
- The crumbs will start to stick into the broccoli.
- Once all or most of the crumbs are in the broccoli, saute for 1 or 2 minutes longer to brown.
- Serve right away.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm going to leave out the star rating for now because my first try with this didn't work properly. I didn't use a non-stick skillet, and I really think that may be a necessity for this recipe. My breadcrumbs promptly soaked up all the olive oil (and I added extra too) and then stuck themselves to the bottom of the pan instead of the broccoli. No amount of stirring and scraping could correct it. Now, my boyfriend and I very much liked the flavor of the broccoli with the olive oil and rosemary, but I know it didn't turn out as intended, with just a few soggy breadcrumbs clinging on. So next time, I will try it with a non-stick skillet, see if that does the trick, and will come back for an update.
We quite enjoyed this recipe! I added a small clove of garlic to infuse the oil, then removed it. I really liked the flavour that the rosemary added. I think that I will partially cook the broccoli the next time I make this though, as I prefer it a bit more tender. Thanks so much for the great recipe!
I made this last night using frozen broccoli. I had mostly cooked the broccoli in the microwave and was looking through recipes at the same time.<br/>I melted some butter in the frying pan with the rosemary and added garlic like others have suggested. The big change I made is that instead of bread crumbs I used almond meal. I'm doing the primal thing and don't eat grains! It was delicious - the almond meal sticks to it beautifully. Everyone loved it. I'm going to try it again with fresh broccoli.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love recipezaar! I'm not really an active member as far as the boards or anything, but I really enjoy reading through all of the recipes some nights and trying to come up with different ways to feed my picky husband. I usually have the best luck with cookies :) We just had a baby in 2008 and he's the sweetest guy ever - picture Charlie Brown. That's my guy!