Fried Apples With Bourbon Caramel Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Fabulous plain, even better with ice cream.
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 granny smith apples (peeled, cored, cut into 1/8 inch thick slices)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup kentucky Bourbon or 1/4 cup tennessee whiskey
- Heat the butter over high in a 12 inch skillet until frothy. Add the apples. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in water, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Syrup will become thick, apples soft, and pan almost dry. Add the cream and cook, uncovered, until juice is syrupy, 1-2 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in bourbon. Let stand another minute to allow alcohol to evaporate.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for Christmas dinner and wowed the crowd!!! Had to add 1 tsp more of Cinnamon and I used Jack Daniels. Other than that it was to the tee. I recommend this with any dinner (or Vanilla Ice cream!!!!) at any time of the year. Would also be a great topping for pan fried pork chops. Just don't drink the whole bottle of Bourbon.Reply