Fricassée D'agneau Bourguignonne (Burgundy Lamb Fricassee
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Lamb is not the first thing that comes to mind with French cuisine, but this dish that comes from Burgundy is not only tasty but pretty easy too. The lard is really a must, it is not as good with oil.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 800 g cubed lamb shoulder
- 50 g lard
- 2 onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 200 ml lamb broth or 200 ml beef broth
- 200 ml red Burgundy wine
- 200 g oyster mushrooms or 200 g button mushrooms
- 100 g lardons, finely chopped or 100 g bacon
- 1 bouquet garni (thyme, bay leaf, parsley, sage, rosemary)
- In a skillet with a lid, brown the lamb pieces 5 minute Add flour, onion and garlic, stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then moisten with the broth and wine.
- Add the bouquet garni, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook over medium heat 45 minute.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms, sauté 5 minutes in a pan with the lardons.
- Add this mixture to the pan 15 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Remove the bouquet garni.
- Arrange on serving platter. Serve with fresh tagliatelle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION