Fresno Potato Casserole
- 2 1⁄2 - 3 lbs medium-size potatoes (thin-skinned)
- 4 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned croutons, slightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Boil potatoes just until tender.
- Drain well.
- Peel and cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In greased, shallow two quart casserole, arrange half of the potato slices.
- Top with half of the bacon and onion.
- Stir milk into sour cream; spread half the mixture over onion, then half the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with croutons and drizzle butter over all.
- Bake in 350 degrees oven for 30 minutes or until hot throughout.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!