Fresh Tuna in a Lemon-Caper Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Not sure where I got this recipe since I've had it for a long time. Sometimes, simple is best.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs tuna steaks, 1-inch thick
- vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons butter or 5 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons capers, minced
- Brush tuna steaks with oil and broil or grill them until cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a frying pan and slowly saute the garlic and onion until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and capers and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon the sauce over the tuna and serve immediately.
- VARIATION: Tuna with Lime juice.
- Omit the capers.
- Substitute 1/4-1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice for the lemon juice and add 1/4 teaspoon good-quality soy sauce and a dash of cayenne pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION