Fresh Tomato-Basil Salad/Weight Watchers
I can't wait for tomato season to try this! Fresh tomatoes are my favorite thing to eat. This is 1 point per serving. Per serving(1/2 cup)-cal. 32-fat 2g-fiber 1g
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh basil sprig
- 1 lb ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges (3-4 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- Whisk together 2 vinegars,shallot,salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk in oil until blended.
- Add the basil sprig and bruise it with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Let mixture stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Discard sprig of basil.
- Put the tomatoes in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing and add shredded basil.
- Toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or up to an hour before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is the top of the list for delightfully summer-y recipes. Nothing spells G-L-O-R-Y of the glorious tomato as much as this easy to follow, everything on hand taste sensation recipe. I love the use of two separate vinegars here. Grabbed some wonderfully fresh basil from the side porch garden, let is sit as time stated, and then off to shower the tomatoes, with the dressing and shallots. Oh so tasty. I couldn't wait for the whole time allotted. Great salad, mydesgirl. Perfect!