Fresh Tomato-Basil-Asparagus Pasta Salad
photo by ChefLee
- Ready In:
- 1hr 14mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 cup bottled lemon vinaigrette
- 1 (1 ounce) package fresh basil, chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus, cut into 2" pieces, during the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse under cool water.
- Stir together 1 cup bottled lemon vinaigrette and chopped basil. Pour 3/4 cup of dressing over pasta mixture. Stir in tomatoes, and salt and pepper to taste. COver and chill 1 hour. Toss with remaining dressing just before serving. Garnish with additional freshly basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Boy is this wonderful!!! I used BecR's recipe#344310 recipe here on Zaar instead of bottled and that really made this salad sing!!! I love blanched asparagus and it was great to be able to save on pots and just throw it in with the pasta before draining!! I used regular vine-tomatoes instead of grape because I found some really good ones. I removed the seeds and extra juice before adding them, to keep from sogging up the pasta. Loved this recipe, thanks!!!!