Fresh Strawberry Sauce
photo by Everything Tasty Ki
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 good squeeze fresh lemon
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook for another 15 minutes until thickened. Let cool and refrigerate.
A million uses:
- Spoon over ice cream, pancakes or waffles and add a dollop of whipped cream.
- Drizzle over cheesecake or angle food cake.
- How about a trifle with layers of pound cake and whipped cream.
- Make a smoothie.
- Of course -- strawberry shortcake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have always had a passion for cooking ever since I was a child. I love reading recipes, collecting cookbooks, and recreating dishes with my own twist. I love sharing my tips on how to prepare a dish. I am always on the hunt to discover a new favorite recipe. I invite you to try my recipes and I hope that you discover your next favorite. Enjoy!</p> <p>Check out my blog for more recipes www.everythingtasty.blogspot.com</p>