Fresh Spinach Salad With Spicy Tuna
This was my own creation for lunch. Low carb and suited my craving for salty and spicy.
- Ready In:
- 1 (5 ounce) can light chunk tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper relish
- 2 teaspoons monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed & torn
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red onion, diced
- 1 slice crisp bacon, crumbled
- Drain tuna. Combine mayonnaise & pepper relish, stir into tuna. Place spinach & diced onion in the bowl and top with tuna, shredded cheese & crumbled bacon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is real different from the normal tuna salad...I wish I had added more of the hot pepper relish like LifeIsGood did...because I found it a bit on the dry side...the whole salad was a nice change...I love fresh spinach...the red onion added a different heat component...but the saltiness and the crunch of the bacon was spot on...I used fresh canned tuna...next time I will either add more of the relish or more mayo to add for the lack of moisture...made for Best of 2014 tag game...=)Reply
I am so glad I tried this recipe!! I put this together for a to-go lunch. The flavors are excellent and very different from the ordinary tuna salad recipe. I didn't miss the bread at all. I have never tried hot pepper relish and was a little nervous that I wouldn't be able to find it in the grocery store. It was available and I'm so happy because it's flavor is outstanding! In fact, I ended up pouring a bit more of it over my salad as a dressing. Yummy! Made for the Spring Pick-A-Chef event in the Contest and Events forum.Reply