Fresh Spinach and Mushroom Manicotti
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package manicotti
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped or (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, chopped, thawed and patted very dry
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh and grated
- Cook manicotti according to package directions and drain.
- Rinse with cold water, drain and set aside.
- Sauté mushrooms and garlic in ht oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and saute 5 more minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Drain any fat off the spinach and garlic.
- Stir together eggs, ricotta cheese, basil and salt in a large bowl add mushroom mixture stirring until blended.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce in a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Squeeze or spoon spinach mixture into shells.
- Arrange stuffed shells in dish.
- Pour remaining marinara sauce over the top evenly over shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
It doesn't say when to add the spinach.. but I found on another recipe that after the garlic and mushrooms are sauteed for 5 minutes to add the spinach and saute for 5 minutes. I made this tonight. It was good. Hard to stuff cooked manicotti shells, though. I wonder if you could stuff uncooked shells and cover with extra marinara sauce.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p><img src=http://www.caymandesigns.com/foodothers/fallswap.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Stockingswap.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/SaltPepperSwap.jpg alt= /> <br />[IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj294/QueenBee49444/ZaarCasseroleDishes.jpg[/IMG] <br /><a href=http://www.millionhitcounters.com/><img src=http://www.millionhitcounters.com/counters/v/55940 border=0 alt=Hit Counters /></a></p>