Fresh Peach Cookies
photo by Midwest Maven
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium fresh ripe peaches
- 1⁄2 cup raisins, if desired
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar in a bowl.
- Add egg and beat until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl mix flour, baking soda and seasonings.
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture, a little at a time.
- Peel, pit and finely dice peaches, stir into cookie mixture.
- Stir in raisins.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes until cookies are brown on top.
- Cool thoroughly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! These were a nice light, cake type cookie. Not overly sweet with a hint of tart from the peaches. I loved the subtle spice flavors. I added a t. of vanilla and passed on the raisins, only baked a few off and then froze the rest of the dough. They were done at 20 mins. I'm not sure if I would want to bake many of these at one time and try to store them. They are so moist that they would probably stick together. I'll have to try and see if storing them layered with wax paper between the layers would work. Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe.
In response to Auntkeds - 3 medium peaches is approximately 2 to 2 1/4 cups peeled and chopped fresh peaches. <br/>I'm making these for our open house (we are selling our house) from the peaches off of our peach tree in the back yard. I did add vanilla and left out the raisins (didn't have any on hand). This is exactly what I was looking for in a peach cookie!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello,I collect old cookbooks,enjoy gardening,traveling and reading.I love to cook and bake!I've thought about opening my own bakery here in TN.That would be so fun!