Fresh Peach Cobbler W/ Blueberry Muffin Crust
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 lbs peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour (all purpose)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
Blueberry Muffin Batter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Mix together peaches, sugar and flour.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium heat, add peach mixture, bring to boil, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon into greased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Set aside.
Blueberry Muffin Batter:
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside.
- In seperate bowl combine milk, vegetable oil and egg.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir JUST UNTIL MOISTENED.
- Gently fold in blueberriess.
- Spread over peach mixture.
- Bake at 400 for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The blueberry muffin batter was a tad dry, but I added Turbinado Sugar to the top while it baked. Also, when it was served, I put White Chocolate Mousse Topping and fresh strawberries on it to bring more moisture to it. Whipped cream would be an alternative. It definitely takes a 13 X 9 pan. Great flavor, great dessert... thanks Podapo for the terrific recipe... will use again with maybe a tad more milk and lower temp to 375 F to keep the dryness from re-visiting..
Podabo, This dessert was just fabulous! I had some peaches in my fridge, and was looking for something different to do with them. I came across this one, and I am so very glad I made it! I actually made the berry topping with frozen (partially thawed) blueberries that I had in my freezer, and that worked very well....made as stated but took a little longer to bake, I am guessing because of the frozen berries. This is a different form of cobbler, but just delicious! I served this topped with a scoop of vanilla icecream, yummmmm! Thanks so much for posting, I will make this again soon!....Kittencal:)