Fresh Lime Chicken Stir-Fry
- Ready In:
- 3 skinless boness chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 red onion
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 red pepper (or 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow)
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely minced or 2 teaspoons bottled ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch bite-size strips.
- Slice onion into thin wedges.
- Peel and cut carrots lengthwise, then slice on the diagonal,.
- Core and seed pepper, then cut thin julienne strips.
- Finely grate peel from half a lime. Squeeze out 3 tablespoons juice from the limes.
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan set over high hear. Add chicken, garlic, ginger, and chili flakes. Stir-fry until chicken is golden, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add onion, carrots, and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add peppers, lime juice and peel, then stir-fry until pepper is tender-crisp, about 2 minutes. Great over noodles.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.