Fresh Lemon-Garlic Roasted Beets
- Ready In:
- 4 medium beets, peeled
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice beets and carrots in 1/4 slices.
- Toss the ingredients in a glass baking dish.
- Cover tightly and roast for about 40 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Shake or stir occasionally.
- *When I make this I just might leave the cover off the last half of baking so that vegetables will get a roasted color.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Surprisingly good! This dish was fast and easy to make, and the flavor was great, despite the day-glo fuschia color. I've made this twice now, and I've found the flavor is best with pressed garlic and more generous amounts of olive oil and lemon juice. Also, the color seems to turn out better if you keep the pan covered.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in a small rural town in central California. I am lucky enough to live and work in my community. I am the site coordinator for an after school program where we enroll over 100 students. My motto is there are no bad kids only bad parents. I have one daughter that is now in her second year of college and a husband that is the worse critic when it comes to food. He either likes it or doesn't no in between. I have been at the zaar for over a year now and continue to go back and forth on buying a membership, right now I'm going for buying. Trying to convince myself that it is only $2.00 a month and I could clean up that nonmember cookbook and get it organized so I might be able to find something :)I'm kinda a pack rat when it comes to food, I always have back ups and sometimes back ups for the back ups. My husband always tells everyone if there is a national disaster come to our house shirley will be able to feed an army. So yall are welcome too :)Edited to add i joined 12-31-06 my Christmas prsent to myself!