Fresh Greek Pasta Salad
The fresh herbs, vegetables, and olives that characterize Greek cuisine are tossed with pasta in this springy salad.
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces mostaccioli pasta (about 4 cups uncooked) or 12 ounces penne (about 4 cups uncooked)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 medium cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and halved
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh oregano leaves (to garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain in a colander. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- In a large bowl toss together the cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, and olive.
- In a screw-top jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, the 2 tablespoons oregano, anchovy paste (if using), garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and shake well. Drizzle over past mixture; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator for as least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- To serve, add feta cheese; toss. Sprinkle fresh oregano leaves.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I love salads all year round but especially the ones that can be used as a main for summer meals. It might Sept but our 95+ heat spell continues so I cook lightly in the mornings and enjoy some great recipes for dinner. I made this as written right down the line (well, except for the cuke which I skipped) and really enjoyed the little flavor boost from the anchovy paste. I've been getting tiny tomatoes called sweet gems here of late, they are red and yellow and so sweet and juicy that I've been eating a hand full out of the fridge for a snack. They were delicious in this pasta salad. Served with coconut vanilla ice tea on some chopped romaine. Oh so good!
I would have like to use fresh herbs but it's too early in the season for me. I'll do it again later this summer with fresh herbs. I used dried herbs and it was great also. I used macaroni. I used red onion instead of green onions. And I used black olives, cause that's what I had on hands. The dressing is great. DH wanted more feta on his serving. It's perfect for lunch. Great flavors. Thanks AZPARZYCH :) Made for PRMR tag game