Fresh Ginger Ale (Diabetic)
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 cup fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint
- 4 ounces fresh lime juice
- Splenda granular (diabetic) or white sugar (normal diet)
- 1 quart perrier sparkling water
- Bring ginger and water to a boil in a saucepan. Boil vigorously for 3 minutes, then cover and allow to steep until cool.
- Strain ginger liquid and top back up with water, if necessary, to make 2 cups; chill until needed.
- In a beverage glass, muddle 4 teaspoons (or however much you want) Splenda granular or sugar with mint in the bottom of glass.
- Add 1 ounce lime juice per glass along with half spent lime shell and muddle further.
- Add ice to glass along with 4 ounces ginger tea, then top up with 4 ounces sparkling mineral water. Stir, then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org