Fresh Fruit With Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
photo by COOKGIRl
- Ready In:
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (I used unbleached white sugar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon verbena, washed and minced
- 1 cup strawberry, cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups cantaloupe, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 1 orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 cup yellow grapefruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 -2 cup red seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into bite size chunks
- fresh lemon verbena leaf
- Simple syrup: combine the water and sugar in a small pan and bring to the boil.
- Boil mixture until it is reduced by half.
- Stir in the lemon verbena leaves. Set aside to allow verbena leaves to infuse and the mixture to cool completely.
- Salad: Prep the fruit and arrange on a large shallow platter.
- Once the simple syrup is cool, use a fine mesh strainer and drizzle the syrup all over the fruit.
- *Garnish fruit with a few fresh lemon verbena leaves. Or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- *Tip: fresh lemon verbena leaves wilt quickly. Garnish the fruit platter with freshly cut lemon verbena leaves [just] before serving.
- Yield is estimated.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!