Fresh Flower/Herb Syrup
photo by Artandkitchen
- Ready In:
- 48hrs 30mins
4 1 liter bottles
- 1 cup fresh edible flowers or 1 cup herbs
- 2 liters boiling water or 2 quarts boiling water
- 3 kg sugar or 6 lbs sugar
- 60 g citric acid or 2 ounces citric acid
- 2 to 3 lemons, juice of
- Join all ingredients in a large pot.
- Mix well until sugar and citric acid are dissolved.
- Let sit 2 days.
- Sieve and bring to boil.
- Fill the hot syrup in bottles (be careful while working with hot syrup).
- Serve with cold water or mineral water.
- Ideas: Use this syrup on plain yogurt, on ice cream, with sparkling wine, and many other ways.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife, mother, beekeeper, food addicted and lover of nature as well as travels. Travelling I discovered the pleasures for the food, his colors, taste and spices. Now I?m really devoted to food photography and I love experimenting with new recipes to share them with my family and the world. My main inspirations: Italy: my roots Switzerland: homeland Greece: adopted homeland Travelling: spices and dreams Herbs and Bees: education in biology Colors and shapes: love eat with eyes as well