Fresh Figs With Honey Sauce
- Ready In:
8 figs with sauce
- 8 fresh figs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Trim the stems off the figs and make a small hole in the top.
- Combine water, honey, cloves and allspice in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put figs in the pot and simmer, covered for 15 minutes, until almost done.
- Remove figs and reduce sauce for 10 minutes.
- Put the figs back in the sauce and reduce until desired consistency, around 5 more minutes.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar (if using).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!