Fresh Double Berry Pie
photo by Steve_G
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 pie crust, for a 9 inch pie rolled out and ready to bake
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed and dried
- 16 -24 medium strawberries, hulled,rinsed and dried
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, disolved in
- 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar (or more depending on sweetness of berries)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- for at-least 20 minutes.
- Line crust with parchment, fill with dried beans or rice.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove from oven, remove parchment/beans, prick bottom with fork, return to oven and bake until golden brown.
- Remove from oven let cool on rack for 2 mins.
- Brush entire crust with egg white while still hot.
- Place blueberries in a medium saucepan with 3/4 cup water, cover and bring to a boil.
- When water and blueberries come to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and stir constatly for 3-4 minutes until the berries start to burst and the juices start to thicken.
- While still stirring slowly add the cornstarch, sugar, lemonjuice and salt.
- Simmer for a minute or so until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Remove from heat Spoon about 1/2 the mixture into the pie crust.
- Dip each strawberry into the remaining mixture and arrange neatly in pie large side down.
- Any remaining blueberry mixture over strawberry's Let sit at room temperature for atleast 2 hrs before serving with whipped cream.
- Store at room temperature for 2 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!