Fresh Blackberry Cobbler
photo by Annegret W.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 3-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup of the sugar with the flour, baking powder, salt and milk. Whisk in melted butter.
- Meanwhile, rinse the blackberries and pat them dry. Pour the batter into the greased baking dish and sprinkle blackberries evenly over the top of the batter. Sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar over the blackberries.
- Bake for one hour, or until golden brown and bubbly. When 10 minutes of cooking time remain, sprinkle the remaining two tablespoons of sugar over the top, and let that get all mouth-wateringly crispy and carmelized.
- Try to stop drooling.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious!! My husband loves anything with blackberries in it, so I'm always on the lookout for quick and easy recipes that use his favorite berry. This recipe did not disappoint...he loved it! Ingredients are mixed together in one bowl and put in a pan to bake...it doesn't get any easier than that. I made this as written except that I used unsalted butter and fat-free milk. I baked this in a 9x13" baking dish for about 50 minutes. I served this warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top. We really loved the way the sugar caramelized on the top of the crust...yum!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe!!<br/>[b]Made for Spring 2011 PAC[/b]