This applesauce requires no cooking. Unpeeled apples gives the sauce small specks, but you can peel them if you want. Yield is estimate. From Joy of Eating Natural Foods.
- Ready In:
- 3 red apples, sliced
- 1 quart water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg or 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pour water and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Add sliced apples and let stand 15 minutes.
- Combine spice, honey, and half the apple slices in a blender.
- Blend, adding a balance of apples until all have been blended until smooth.
- Chill before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION