Fresh and Dried Cranberry Salsa (Canning)
- Ready In:
1 1/4 cups
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pickling salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive medium saucepan, bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Ladle salsa into hot half-pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Process 20 minutes in a boiling water bath.
- For Cranberry Salad Dressing: Combine 1/2 cup cranberry salsa, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 clove garlic (minced), salt and pepper to taste. Whisk or shake well to blend. Makes 3/4 cup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>This site has gotten so horribly bad over the past couple of years, I have stopped using it to manage my recipes and have gone over to using another one, which I have been forbidden to mention on Food.com. It's no secret that there are competitors; send me a message if you are in the same boat and would like to know. For now, I only frequent a few of the forums and that's it. The Titanic has sailed!</p>