French Toast Scones
Perfect for having in the morning with a cup of coffee.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour (can use half all purpose and half pastry flour, thats what I do)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 4 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup cinnamon baking chips (you can add more if you like)
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar together.
- Cut in the butter. A food processor works best, but doing by hand will work too. Just make sure there is no chunks of butter left over after cutting into mixture. And then put the flour mixure in a large bowl. Mix cinnamon chips into the flour mixture.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, butter flavoring, maple flavoring, and maple syrup in separate bowl then add to flour mixture, mix together.
- If the mixture is to thin add a little flour till it is a consistency you can work with. Take out of bowl and make into a ball, flatten to were it is about an inch thick. Cut into about 12 or less pie type slices ( Depends how big you want them) and put onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Cook at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was one more of those recipes I made to take to a scone & beverage breakfast & exchange, & most of them were actually eaten there then were exchanged! I pretty much followed your recipe right on down, but was particularly generous with the amount of cinnamon chips that I used! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]1Reply