French Toast Eggs
I thought of the concept weeks ago, but tried it out for the first time this morning. It was good. I used only 1/4 tsp vanilla, but I could barely distinguish it, so I recommend using a tad more if you prefer bold flavors like myself. Can be easily doubled, tripled, etc. And experiement with extracts. I'm sure vegans (or non-ovos) can use tofu.
- Ready In:
- 2 1/4 cup fat free egg substitute or 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon nonfat milk
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- artificial sweetener, to taste
- cinnamon, to taste
- sugar-free maple syrup
- 1 whole wheat toast
- Whisk all ingredients together except syrup and toast.
- Pour mixture in a preheated skillet and prepare eggs to your preference (omelette-syle, etc. I scramble with a fork).
- Heat up syrup in a microwave.
- Place cooked egg on toast.
- Pour on syrup and sprinkle on some more cinnamon and/or sweetener if desired Eat& Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
The DM and I thoroughly enjoyed this lovely sweet treat for breakfast, I used 2 egg whites and 1 whole egg and scrambled, spraying the pan with a little canola oil and served on wholemeal/wholegrain toast with a drizzle of the sugar free maple syrup (just drizzled straight from the bottle). Will definately being doing this in future anytime I have egg whites left over from making the DH's caramel tart but would also like to try serving it on a toasted fruited english muffin. Thank you nomnom, made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag Game.Reply