French Toast Croissant Casserole
- Ready In:
- 10 croissants, cubed
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, diced
- maple syrup, warmed
- powdered sugar (optional)
- butter, for pan
- Butter casserole dish.
- Cube 10 fresh croissants in large pieces.
- Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla, brown sugar, spices, orange peel, salt.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, preheat oven 350°F.
- Toast pecans in dry pan until lightly browned and toasted.
- Sprinkle nuts over cold casserole.
- Dot with diced butter.
- Bake uncovered 350F 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes then drizzle with warm maple syrup.
- To make warm maple syrup boil a pan of water.
- Take boiling water off heat and place maple syrup bottle in hot water for 15 minutes.
- Serve with maple syrup or powdered sugar or fresh strawberries macerated in sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!