French Roast Lamb
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Trim ALL EXCESS fat from the lamb.
- (leave SOME fat on to protect the meat while cooking) Heat the butter in a small pan, add the onion and fry gently until soft.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the mustard and chopped herbs.
- Whisk egg white until stiff.
- Add the mustard and herb mixture and fold together until combined.
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan, and grind over with black pepper.
- Spread the egg-white mixture evenly over the top surface of the lamb.
- Roast the lamb for 50 minutes if you want it to be rare, 1 hour if you want it to be medium, or an hour and 10 minutes if you want it well done.
- Place lamb on a serving plate and LEAVE to rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with srigs of rosemary and thyme and slice down between the bones to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in New Zealand, I'm married and my husband and I have no children....but we do have a dog (Bruno the Poodle), and a cat (Gus the Birman)! Back in November 2000, I resigned from a 17yr career with Air New Zealand as a Purser. I am now working as a Private Investigator with my husband - having his own Investigation Company. The work is varied and at times very rewarding as I'm sure you can imagine! I have an absolute passion for shoes...what woman doesn't??!!!, and fashion generally, including that of Home Interiors and furnishings, and gardens. I enjoy, among many past-times, art, gardening, water ski-ing, power walking, and ofcourse...COOKING!!(and entertaining). I guess my pet peeve would be running late for an appointment somewhere! 10 minutes early = 10 minutes late with me!! So, ON time is VERY late!!! If I had a month off - no work, and no responsibilities I would buy 2 return airfares to Honolulu!! And spend 2 weeks on Waikiki Beach with my husband and 2 weeks at home in the kitchen!! And entertaining friends and family.