French Onion Soup With Bacon
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This will warm you up on a cold day. Recipe is from Food and Family.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch wide slices
- 3 large Spanish onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 5 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1 cup Italian cheese, such as mozzarella and or provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon in large saucepan until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan with slotted spoon, reserving 2 T drippings in pan; drain bacon o n paper towels.
- Add onions to reserved drippings; cover.
- Cook on medium heat 5 minutes.
- Uncover, cook 15 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Add broth, pepper and thyme, stir.
- Simmer 15 minutes; stir in bacon.
- Heat broiler, ladle soup into 4 ovenproof bowls; top with toast and cheeses.
- Broil, 4 inches from heat, 2-3 minutes or until cheeses are melted and golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION