French Onion Soup
photo by mersaydees
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, peeled and sliced for each bowl
- 1 tablespoon butter, for each bowl
- 1 dash dry sherry, for each bowl
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese or 1 tablespoon romano cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-sodium beef stock, boiling
- 1 slice French bread, toasted
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Sauté onion slices in butter.
- In a 12-ounce soup bowl, add slices of sautéed onion, dry sherry and Parmesan or Romano cheese.
- Pour soup stock over all in bowl and add salt to taste.
- Serve soup in bowl topped with a slice of French bread covered with Swiss cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!