French Onion Chicken and Rice Casserole
This is a delicious meal, fantastic with a green salad. If you prepare it with brown rice, you'll need to increase the cooking time and amount of liquid.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, split, bone-in
- 4 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in an oven proof pot large enough to hold all ingredients.
- Saute the sliced onions until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the rice, stir to coat the grains with oil, and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken, beef broth, white wine, thyme, and black pepper, and bring to a boil. Taste for seasoning. Add salt if needed (depends on the saltiness of the beef broth).
- Cover and place in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the chicken and rice are cooked to your liking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION