French Fry Melt
This is one of my favorite recipes I first saw it in TA truck stops when I used to travel and then started making my own bigger version. French Fry Melts can be used for lunch, dinner or snacks.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) package sliced bacon
- 1 (32 ounce) bag of seasoned French fries
- 1 (8 ounce) bag of shredded cheese
- Cut bacon into pieces and place in skillet for 5-10 min on medium heat until crispy (not burned/black).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Pour french fries on pan.
- Place pan in oven in on middle rack.
- Bake for 15-20 min until done (to your taste).
- Grab spatula and separate fries into 3 plates.
- Crumble bacon and cheese over each plate of fries.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (recommend ranch).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Spring PAC 2008. My kids loved these. I did change this up a bit. I used tator tots as my kids like them better then french fries. I also used precooked bacon. I used cheddar cheese. I cooked the tots and during the last 5 minutes of cooking, I added the chopped bason and cheese. Everyone really enjoyed these.Reply
see 3 more