- Heat a deep-fryer or a deep pot no more than half filled with oil to 325 degrees F.
- Peel and slice potatoes to size of your desire and fry them for 2 minutes - this isn't to make them crispy, it is just to blanch them.
- Drain and cool fries.
- Raise temperature of fryer or oil to 360 degrees F.
- Add salt and pepper to the flour and combine.
- Take fries and dip first into the evaporated milk, shaking off excess, and then into the flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Fry for about 5 minutes, until browned.