French Dip Sandwich
photo by Brittb216
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 15mins
1 sandwich each
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast, remove excess fat
- 2 -4 tablespoons McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning (coat the roast)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 whole black peppercorns
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 -8 French rolls
- 6 -8 slices cheese, I use provolone (=)
- Remove excess fat from roast. Sprinkle with Montreal Steak Seasoning.
- Brown in heavy pan with 2 tbsp of oil. Brown on both sides.
- Place in crock pot.
- Mix together soy sauce, beef broth, water, peppercorns, rosemary, thyme, garlic, onion.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 5-6. Cook until tender.
- Shred or chop meat. I have done it both ways -- I prefer to just chop it up.
- Strain remaining juice or don't (your preference).
- *Note* I usually chop the meat up after 8 hours and then add it back to the juice to cook for another 2 hours. So juicy, tender and moist!
- Assemble your sandwiches and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!