French Dip for Sandwiches
photo by vrvrvr
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 French rolls or 8 hoagie rolls, split,buttered and toasted
- Place roast into slow cooker.
- Add water, soy sauce and seasonings.
- cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or until beef is tender.
- Remove meat from broth, shred with forks and keep warm.
- Strain broth (if desired) and skim off fat.
- Serve beef on toasted rolls and pour broth into small cups for dipping.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this yesterday...it's gone today! lol Absolutely delicious and so easy. Can't wait to make it again on a day I have to work so I can start it before I leave in the morning and come home to a ready-cooked meal. After shredding the meat, I put it on sub buns and topped it with mozzarella cheese and popped it in the oven for a few minutes to toast the bread and melt the cheese. Yum!
I brought this recipe down to submit and found it already posted! Everyone that I have served these sandwiches to has asked for the recipe! Quick and easy and absolutely delicious! No need to alter anything about the recipe! You can cook on low for 10-12 hours as well. This is by far one of my familys favorites.