French Chocolate Ice Cream
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Heat milk in medium saucepan.
- Stir in chocolate, continue stirring until chocolate is melted.
- In another bowl, combine sugar with flour; stir in a little hot milk/chocolate mixture, add beaten egg to chocolate mixture; then add egg mixture to milk/chocolate.
- Stir over low heat until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Cool in refrigerator at least 1 hour, or until well chilled.
- Stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
- Freeze in ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions.
- Note: The use of the flour will help to give the ice cream body and smoothness.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.