French Breakfast Puffs
Cinnamon and nutmeg flavored mini-muffins.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- With a mixer beat butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and egg until well blended.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins filling two-thirds full.
- Bake 350 for 14-16 minutes.
- Remove immediately from tins.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Dip tops of muffins in melted butter and then in the sugar mixture.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are so good, easy to make, light, soft, moist and just enough spice. I made them into 6 regular size muffins and had enough left over to make a small kids cake. I did add walnuts to the mix prior to baking. Loved the topping and added a 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg to that. I'll be making these often. Thanks so much for posting.Reply
see 12 more