lbs turkey frankfurters, bratwurst all halved lengthwise, all cut cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
bratwursts, all halved lengthwise all cut cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
large apples, cored and chopped (Cortland, Granny Smith)
Serving Size: 1 (406) g
Servings Per Recipe:
AMT. PER SERVING% DAILY VALUE
Calories from Fat 254 g52 %
Total Fat 28.3 g43 %
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57 %
Cholesterol 57.3 mg
Sodium 1353.1 mg
Dietary Fiber 6 g23 %
Sugars 12.1 g48 %
Protein 15.4 g
1. SET THE OVEN AT 350 DEGREES.
2. In a small bowl, combine the water, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, pepper; set aside.
3. In the skillet, heat the sauerkraut over medium high heat for 1 minute. Add the brown sugar mixture, stir well, and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until the liquid evaporates; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the potatoes with cold water to cover and a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and simmer the potatoes for 10 minutes or until they are tender.
5. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pan. With a potato masher, beat in the milk a little at a time with 1 tablespoon of the butter, salt, and pepper. Mash until smooth, then Combine all ingredients+mix well, Dot with the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. BAKE UNCOVERED FOR 30-40 MINUTES or until the top is golden brown.