Frankies in Blankies
This will make kids smile !
- Ready In:
- 2 sheets puff pastry, ready rolled
- 16 cocktail franks
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- tomato sauce or ketchup, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Line baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut each pastry sheet into 3 strips.
- Cut each strip into 4 rectangles.
- Place 1 frankfurt diagonally onto 1 rectangle.
- Roll up to enclose frankfurt, repeat till all are rolled up.
- Place onto tray, brush with egg.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes till pastry is golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This was a nice change of pace from using the biscuit type crust and actually I prefer the puff pastry. So light and flaky, I will be making it like this from now on. I made a spicy fry sauce (mixture of equal parts of ketchup and mayo with ground black pepper, cayenne pepper and roasted garlic to taste - which I left to sit in the fridge a few hours before serving) The combination was absolutely wonderful. Thanks for the twist on the usual pigs in blanket.