A playfully haunting sushi that will scare you into wanting more.
- Ready In:
- 1 carrot
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) packet dashi stock
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 1 teaspoon matcha tea, powder
- 3 sheets nori, seaweed
- 2 mozzarella string cheese
- 1 hot dog
- Slice and carve the carrot to resemble Frankenstein's hair; boil the carrot in water and dashi broth for 5-10mins or until tender.
- Mix seasoned rice vinegar in a bowl of cooked rice.
- Sprinkle matcha powder over the rice; mix until the rice has a green tint.
- Lay a seaweed sheet over a bamboo mat; add another partial sheet to extend it; using a damp finger (dip in water) to adhere them together; approx 5"x 10" (depending on how large you want to make the head).
- Lay down the carrot as the first layer on the middle of the nori sheet.
- Place the green-tinted rice over the carrot to create the forehead.
- Wrap each of the 2 mozzarella sticks with a sheet of nori (creating a dark outline for the eyes); use a damp finger to seal the nori; and place them over the layer of rice.
- Add another layer of rice.
- Slice a cooked hot dog horizontally (the mouth); then place on top of the rice.
- Add a final layer of rice.
- Enclose with the seaweed and tighten the bamboo sheet; applying gentle pressure to seal the head/face together.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the sushi roll into 5-6 even pieces.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION