Frango Na Pucara (Chicken in Bean Pot )
- Ready In:
- 14hrs 15mins
- Cut chicken into serving pieces.
- Coarsley chop onions, garlic, tomatoes, bacon (or ham).
- In Portugal they use a crockery bean pot but you may use any ovenproof casserole with a lid.
- You will be layering ingredients in the bean pot/casserole. Begin by covering the bottom of the bean pot/casserole with chicken pieces; sprinkle with salt, pepper, onion, tomato, bacon/ham and olives. Continue to layer in this manner until all ingredients are used up, ending with tomatoes and olives on top.
- Drizzle mustard and butter on top of casserole ingredients.
- Pour brandy over all; cover the pot and set aside to marinate for 5-6 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Place casserole in a COLD OVEN (do not preheat).
- Bake at 350F for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water.
- Remove casserole lid and add cornstarch mixture; stir gently.
- Return uncovered to oven and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Helma suggests serving this with seasoned rice and a green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!