Four Layer Hamburger and Macaroni Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Cheesy macaroni taco casserole. Lots of zesty flavor.
- Ready In:
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen macaroni and cheese, defrosted
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1⁄3 cup tortilla chips or 1/3 cup potato chips, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 oz)
- taco sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In large skillet, combine beef and seasoning mix.
- Cook over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally (2-3 minutes).
- In medium bowl, mix one package macaroni and cheese with sour cream; spread over bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Top with beef mixture.
- Spread remaining package macaroni and cheese over beef mixture; top with tomato, potato chips and cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
- Top with taco sauce and additional chips if desired, when serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
My picky husband really liked this! And it was very easy so I was happy too! I didn't have any frozen mac n cheese, so I used a box of mac n cheese mix, prepared it as directed on the box, and halved it for the top and bottom layers. I also used a whole pound of hamburger making it a bit meatier, and used a combination of ranch and regular Doritos (because I only had a little bit of each in my kitchen). It turned out a bit dry, but very tasty. I forgot to add the tomatoes, which may have contributed to its being dry. I'll add them next time I make it - which I definitely will!Reply