Four Cheese Panini With Basil Tomatoes
Panini with 4 Italian cheeses and tomatoes with basil....grilled cheese will never be the same again!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh mozzarella cheese (3 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Fontina cheese (4 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons asiago cheese (freshly grated) or 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded provolone cheese (3 ounces)
- 8 slices tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 4 ciabatta rolls, halved lengthwise (spread outsides with butter) or 8 slices firm white bread (spread outsides with butter)
- 8 arugula leaves (optional, but recommended)
- In a small bowl, combine cheeses. Spread the cheese on the bottoms of the ciabatta rolls. Top with tomato slices and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil and add 2 arugula leaves and close the panini.
- Set a large cast-iron skillet or griddle over moderately high heat. Arrange the panini in skillet and weight them down with a smaller pan (can fill with water if you need more weight). Cook the panini until the outside is crisp and the cheese is melted, 3 minutes per side.
- Cut panini in half and serve at once.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I LOVED the basil on this sandwich, I put 3 whole leaves on each. The only thing I needed DH to get at the store was the panini bread and tomatoes. The guys wanted some meat in their panini, that's men for you. Made this for *Zaar World Tour 4* 2008 game, for the*Wild Card* *Italian Region* Thank you for postingReply
see 19 more