Four Cheese Fondue Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Great for meats, bread and veggies to be dipped into. Its best to shred your own cheese rather than buying it pre shredded.
- Ready In:
- 5 ounces aged white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces smoked gouda cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups white wine (I use Sauvign Blanc)
- 1⁄4 large lemon, juice of
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1. In a gallon size ziplock baggie combine all four cheeses and the flour. Shake well.
- 2. In a large non stick pot or a fondue pot add the wine and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- 3. Add in Garlic, stir well.
- 4. Add in cheese/flour mixture slowly and stir but avoid stirring in a circle. I try to "stir" in a cross shape going up the pot and across the pot with the spoon- this will keep the cheese from forming into a ball and keeping it smooth. Cook until fully melted, watch it carefully to avoiding burning.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION