Fossil Suckers ( Candy Pops)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Kids love these lollipops that look like real creatures fossilized in amber. Try green food coloring and gummy worms to create Slimy Worm Suckers Have fun experimenting!
- Ready In:
- 12 lollipop sticks
- 1 -2 cup gummy worms (fish, worms, bugs, etc.)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Also required, 1 candy thermometer.
- Push each lollipop stick into 1 or 2 gummy candies and arange on a cookie sheet allowing at least two inches between each.
- Stir corn syrup, sugar, and water in a pot over medium heat until all of the sugar dissolves then stop stirring.
- Boil mixture until the candy thermometer reads between 300-310° and IMMEDIATELY remove from heat!
- Stir in extract and food coloring.
- Quickly spoon 1-2 tbs of the mixture over the gummy candy6 and the top of the stick. Let the suckers cook for 2 hours or until completely hard.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION