Forget-Me-Nots (Forgotten Cookies)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 egg whites
- 2⁄3 cup cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Do not grease.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Stir together salt and sugar then gradually beat into the beaten whites.
- Stir in vanilla and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by mounded teaspoonfuls on the lined baking sheet and place in preheated oven. Immediately turn oven off. Let cookies dry over night. Resist peaking so as not to let out the heat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just me, mother, grandmother...friend to many and a Louisianian. My Cajun and French Quarter Italian descent afforded me exposure to some of the best of foods. My passions are my family, decorating, cooking and gardening. Those very passions push me into constant awareness with always looking for something new to delight the senses, thus my favorite idiom...Inspire me, puuuullllllleeeeeeease! ...and I mean it, too. God Bless America!