Forevermama's Roasted Sugar Snap Peas With Thyme
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion (very finely diced)
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- kosher salt
- freshly grated black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove and discard the stem end and the string from each pod. (If this is not removed, you will find yourself having to spit it out when chewing, so you want to make sure to remove it).
- Rinse pods under cold running water. Pat dry.
- Spread sugar snap peas in a single layer on a cookie sheet (that have ridges). Sprinkle with the olive oil, finely diced onion, and thyme.
- Season with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle with sugar if necessary. (The sugar addition is only needed if the sugar snaps are not in season and lack natural sweetness. Adding the sugar is all a matter of taste).
- Bake for approximately 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until tender crisp.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Update: ?I've moved on out of food.com due to the changes to the site and deletion of interactive food games and forums (which was the staying-power for many of its members). I will now be interacting on recipezazz where there are cooking games and forums and where eventually I will be posting my recipes.?</p>