Food Processor Cake – Lime Chocolate Chip
photo by EasyCookin2012
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- 2 limes, juice and zest of
- 1 pinch salt
- *Prep Work: Preheat oven at 180C
- In a medium bowl, mix flour. Chocolate chips and baking powder using a fork. (Dry Ingredients).
- Using a lemon zestor, create lime rinds from the 2limes and take out the juice. (If you don’t have a zestor, you may use vegetable peeler or completely omit this step).
- In a food processor, add sugar, oil, vanilla essence and pulse for 30secs.
- Add eggs and pulse for a min (making sure the eggs are nicely mixed).
- Add lime zest, juice, yellow food color and pulse for 30secs.
- Now add “dry ingredients” to this and give it a quick pulse (2-3pulse) making sure not to chop the chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture in the loaf pan, sprinkle some chocolate chip on top and bake for 30min at 180°C.
- After 30min, insert toothpick/thin knife and if it comes clean, plan the loaf pan on a cooling rack.
- Serve with tea/coffee or eat it as is.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm from IT/Finance Industry and Cooking is my passion.I started cooking or experimenting with recipes from a very young age and I'm very open n inquisitive to learn new recipes from different cultures. I think food is something which binds us together and that's what my blog is all bout.</p>