Food Network Magazine Lemon Curd
photo by K.K.2765
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (2-3 lemons use zest and juice from both)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, salt in to a medium saucepan. Whisk the whole eggs and egg yolks in a small bowl, then whisk into lemon mixture.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat. Don't stop whisking (or you while make eggs). Whisk until it's like a pudding. 6-8 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter a few pieces at a time.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve in to a small bowl. Push it through with a rubber spatula. (TASTE TEST) Press plastic wrap directly on surface preventing skin from forming. Chill at least 2 1/2 hours and up to 5 days.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking and baking. My favorite things to make are pasta cupcakes. I also love animals. My favorite is my dog Sammy.