Foil Wrapped Chicken Tacos
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 lb red potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa or 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup shredded mexican cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with seasoning mix.
- Place 1/2 cup of the potatoes on center of each of 4 large sheets of heavyduty foil.
- Make sure foil is sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Top evenly with chicken, salsa, and cheese.
- Bring foil sides up.
- Double fold top and both ends to seal packet.
- Leave room for heat circulation inside.
- Place on a 10x15 inch baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until chicken is 165 degrees.
- Remove packets from oven and let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut slits in foil to release steam before opening.
- Serve with sour cream or any other toppings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was such a great recipe! We really enjoyed dinner tonight. I added salt and pepper to the chicken breasts (which were thin sliced) before the taco seasoning. Sour cream really put these over the top. A side dish of skillet corn and pinto beans with fresh red peppers accompanied this along with tortilla chips. Thanks CoffeeB!
see 10 more reviews