Foil-Pack Chicken & Mushroom Dinner
photo by WiGal
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken stuffing mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups water, divided
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 1/2 inch thick (total weight 1.5 pounds)
- 4 slices smoked ham (thin)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced (or canned)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F (if you are not making these ahead).
- Prepare 6 separate sheets of heavy-duty foil with enough room to wrap and fold with sealed edges. Spray each foil piece in the middle with Pam spray.
- In a microwave, heat 1 1/2 cups of water. Mix in box of stuffing until moist. Divide the stuffing evenly over the 6 foil packets.
- Next, layer chicken, chopped ham, mushrooms and peas on top of stuffing.
- Mix soup with 1/4 cup of remaining water. Pour equall amounts over each pack.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal pack, leaving room for heat to circulate inside.
- Place foil packs on a 15 x 10 inch baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (if your chicken breasts are large or thick, you may wnat to extend the cooking time).
- Remove from oven. Let stand 5 minutes. Place packets directly on the dinner plate. Since they are HOT, cut slits into the foil to release the steam before opening.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious! I love packet cooking and wish RZ had a packet cooking category.:) I made as posted excepted I omitted the canned soup aspect as I knew my fresh mushrooms would add a lot of water. I also did not add any salt. Next time I would double the chicken stuffing mix underneath the chicken (love stuffing) and use a bit less water. Thank you Pam-I-Am for posting. Made for Photo Swap #8.